Friday, December 25, 2009

The year ahead

So are all the fans of Ferrari who are fans just because of Schumi going to go out and buy Silver Arrows jackets now? Its the Lewis v Schumacher battle I want to see played out.
It is really odd how some fans flit about. Me included I guess. To me its always been a mix of a team (McLaren) and then a favorite driver. Plus I have always had a distaste for Ferrari which I put down to the arrogance of MS when he would not talk to the cameras and also the fact that they have had far too much favourable attention from the stewards/FIA. Lets be honest as well .... Michael has got away with some shocking moves over the years! My biggest problem would be if one of my favorite drivers went to Ferrari ... not sure what I would do.
Somehow though I can see Lewis at Ferrari in the future. Maybe 2022 - Lewis to make comeback from retirement to race for Ferrari? Jenson I have always supported through all the years. Also been a supporter of Williams as I like the way Frank runs the team. They have great heritage and have given so much to the sport. Red Bull is the dark side to me as well as Ferrari. Never been much of a fan of Webber and Vettel let himself down this year with his attitude. He was lining up to be a decent driver/personality. (Probably been around Webber too much!)
So I would support their F1 team over my dead body. Ahh ... the complexities of being an F1 fan!

This will be a very interesting year; only way it could be better would have been for Kimi to land somewhere and then we would have five WDC's (well, maybe 4.5) on the grid. Look for Kimi to come back to F1 at RedBull on 2011. For 2010, this will be a battle between MS and FA - just like 2005 and 2006. Look for Vettel to be close and Massa if he is healthy and for Louie and Butto to provide comic relief. Louie will shred his tires without refueling and Butto is just not Michael Schumacher or Fernando Alonso or Kimi Raikkonen. Great year ahead!

1 comment:

  1. sorry,but i really did not get your comment,which u posted on my blog! was it sarcastic?!

    ReplyDelete